“I pray because I can’t help myself. I pray because I’m helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time-waking and sleeping. It does not change God – it changes me.” C.S. Lewis
Prayer is a really essential part of being a Christian and having fellowship with God. But why? Below are 5 reasons why prayer is so important.
- Jesus was constantly praying and so should we. So why did Jesus need to pray?
- He loved being with His father and enjoyed His company
- He knew He could do nothing by himself and He really believed it
- It was His source of power – there would be no miracles without constant communion with His father
- He knew spiritual authority came through prayer
Throughout the gospels we see Jesus praying:
- He got up early to pray (Mark 1:35-38)
- He often withdrew to lonely places and prayed (Luke…
View original post 391 more words